Thursday, July 18, 2013

DETROIT isn't a 'OWNER OF A LONELY HEART'! She calls it 'HEARTWORK'- The Allied Media Conference 2013...PART 2

Picture this...People who actually care about there jobs!

Golden Ticket to Enter!
This is PART 2 of our night at the Museum of Contemporary Art-Detroit...continue into the depths of this story if you dare! I am upfront right by the main entrance. The staff of both volunteers and Allied Media Conference Workers are busy getting ready for the influx of People. They say it could be alot. It varies from event to event.

I strike up a conversation with a Volunteer behind the counter. My Manager contact said I could get one of his cards from the People behind the counter. WHAT IS THE ALLIED MEDIA CONFERENCE? "It's a small Non-Profit that exchanges ideas". I have a great conversation with him and soon talk to an interesting Allied Media Conference Member. She has a shine in her eyes and love in her heart for the People of Detroit. "This is Heartwork". She speaks of keeping events like this one "Holistic" so the radical 'air' can stay and hopefully things can change for the better. "Media is related to each other and it defines itself". Her charisma is daunting and hard not to want to try to help her in this great goal. We talk about Detroit and how events and orgainizations are helping when I notice 3 women walking in. I can't believe my eyes as it is the 3 members of the Band, "Lovers" from Portland, Oregon. My Charismatic new Friend and another employee don't know who they are. "These guys are the Band- "Lovers". They say they are playing here tonight. I introduce myself and tell them I'm a big fan. I shake Carolyn Berk's hand (Lead Vocal). Wow! What luck!

I ask them HOW DO YOU LIKE DETROIT? They say, "We Love It". We talk for a minute and I ask:
"WHEN IS YOUR NEW ALBUM COMING OUT? Kerby Ferris (Synth/Vocals) said in September. I told her I went on Spotify and tried to find the new album before I knew the release date and said some group came up under their name with weird music. Kerby just laughed and agreed that was strange!



                   (Here's a YouTube Video of one of 'LOVERS's Hits, "Boxer")

'Lovers' head on in; I soon end up at the book store and gift shop nearby.  I chat it up with the Cashier, the doppelganger of hipster cool. She could be a fashion model with the added benefit of being well-spoken. IT SEEMS THAT MOST AMC AND MOCAD MEMBERS ARE REALLY NICE PEOPLE AND ABOVE-AVERAGE IN INTELLIGENCE! The GADFLY can only hope they have more influence in the future over helping DETROIT and ELSEWHERE! She talks about he love of mystery novels and is interested in the private investigation field. My Manager friend comes over and we talk about the way the P.I. Industry is going and what I think the future holds for it.


        (Austrian Media Worker sums up what the Allied Media Conference is- from 2012)

IN THE LAST PART OF OUR ADVENTURE TO THE ALLIED MEDIA CONFERENCE.....(Part 3)......
  • THE MUSIC!
  • We talk to a Museum Intern, Detroit Institute of Arts Employee and the Relative of a AMC Director!
  • More Pictures and fun to come!




   Depressed? Problems Coping? Talk to David, LMSW Call:



                                      David Klein LMSW
                                    Southfieldtherapy.com  
                                           248-496-1937


FACEBOOK:  facebook.com/urbangadfly

TWITTER: twitter.com/i_find_people 

Our PI/Legal Support Firm: Supersonic Safety Research  

Our Website: Missingnomore.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment