Tuesday, July 9, 2013

CAN LOVE & CARING SAVE DETROIT?.... UNKNOWN WARRIORS HELPING- The Allied Media Conference 2013...PART 1

Pulling up to the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCAD) in Mid-Town I was surprised. It is a low-key building obviously built before the renaissance of the New Center areas new building trend. This would not be the first time I am surprised tonight. Little did I know I would at MOCAD until 2 am the next day!

 
2am Sunday Morning- What a great night!
I reviewed all of the bands playing, got my cameras ready and tally-ho went forth into a Hipster Paradise.  Rounding the side of the building to reach the main entrance a great guy who was in essence a "Roadie". He was relaxing with a smoke by a large bay door before the main entrance. AS EVERYONE KNOWS these guys know all the details and I was not disappointed! IS THERE ALOT OF BANDS THAT PLAY HERE AT THE MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY DETROIT?  He said the music acts usually play Friday and Saturday nights. "People need something to do". He thinks there are a bunch of DJ's tonight. "There is alot of Art and Culture here". Dam Skippy! I can already tell from talking to him that if everyone here is a chill and I'm in for a good evening.

I move on toward the entrance with visions of fun in my head. I meet a Manager and Intern taking a break at the Entrance. We talk about the MOCAD and how it has PUBLIC PROGRAMMING, POETRY READINGS, ARTIST LECTURES AND OTHER PERFORMANCES. Wow. I never even knew about this Museum.

The Entrance to The Museum of Contemporary Art-Detroit


The Allied Media Conference is what THE GADFLY terms "THINK TANK" OF COMMUNITY BASED ORGANIZATIONS". The MUSEUM hosts the AMC. This Manager and an Allied Media Conference Employee (AMC) I spoke to later agreed with this assessment.  "It is a collaboration of Non-Profits" he told me. I was let into the large Staging Area for the concerts with my new Manager friend. He soon excused himself and I went up to the Art Gallery/Main entrance part of the building. EVERYONE HAD BEEN SO NICE. If only the rest of civilization was this awesome we wouldn't have so many problems! I approach the front desk with several people behind it. There is the Doorperson, a lovely lady we will meet in PART 2 of this article. To the right is the small bookstore were I further interviewed the INTERN I met earlier and the coolest cashier I have ever met.

IN PART 2......  I interview the CHILL CREW of the retail shop area, one of the most driven woman I have every met manning the front door and by HOOK OR BY CROOK.....The BAND, 'LOVERS'. I am an experienced Private Investigator and I was surprised by such a popular group waltzing in the FRONT DOOR! 

First Set of the Night "Anthology of Booty" Getting into Gear!


As Sgt. Apone said in the Movie, 'Aliens'      ....'STAY FROSTY'..... (for the next article!)

 (VIDEO: View from Bookstore to main entrance. The Art is copyrighted- no pics, sorry!)
  (Like any Party it got crowed around 10pm- 'LOVERS' was on and I turned around and it 
   was packed!...to be continued!)

               PART  2 OF THE STORY! (coming soon!)
 



       Depressed? Problems at Work?   Talk to David, LMSW Call:


                                      David Klein LMSW
                                    Southfieldtherapy.com
                                           248-496-1937


FACEBOOK:  facebook.com/urbangadfly

TWITTER: twitter.com/i_find_people 

Our PI/Legal Support Firm: Supersonic Safety Research  

Our Website: Missingnomore.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment