Monday, February 17, 2014

Strays Sheltered at The Royal Oak Animal Shelter

This has been some winter - snow, Arctic Vortex, snow and in the middle of all this a cat wanders into my life.  We had put out some stale bread for the birds and I see a cat outside eating it.  Now I know if this cat is eating stale bread it is pretty hungry, so I start putting out cat food for it to eat. After a little time the cat starts to get friendly with me, rubbing against my legs when I come to put the food out.  I decide to try to pick the cat up and he lets me.  I'm worried about the cat being out in the snow and the frigid temperatures.  I already have 3 cats of my own and one of them thinks he should be an 'only cat', so keeping him is out of the question.  I call the Royal Oak Animal Shelter tell the volunteer my story and he says they will be able to make room for one more.  THANK YOU.
The cat isn't too happy when I try to put him in the carrier, but he allows me and then proceeds to cry all the way to the shelter.  The volunteers that I encountered were wonderful and I feel blessed to live in a city that has a shelter staffed by such caring, wonderful people.  I will be calling or stopping by the shelter to inquire about this poor cat who must have belonged to someone at one time. I wonder did he get lost or did someone move and leave him behind.  So sad.  Everyone should have a home and someone to love them.
 I think this picture from The Royal Oak Animal Shelter's Facebook page is 'my' cat (I'll find out this week for sure).  They named him Brennan and I am hopeful someone will adopt him and give him the loving home he deserves.  I am glad that he is warm, fed and safe.  Here is The Royal Oak Animal Shelter web site:  http://members.petfinder.com/~MI151/index.html  Maybe you are looking to adopt a cat or dog, or purchase some merchandise, or contribute, or volunteer.  The animals will be thankful if you do.
Photo: Brennan!
Picture from The Royal Oak Animal Shelter's Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Oak-Animal-Shelter/104152189672177

No comments:

Post a Comment