Monday, November 4, 2019

Zombie Prom isn't so "Promy" at the Emerald Thearter

Zombies, high school, scary movies- this was a no-brainer! I have also never been to the Emerald Theater before. Online it looked cool! Hailed as a zombie prom, I expected it like high school!

One of the Couples at the Zombie Prom

Wow I was really excited and bought Opera Seats (As I get older I can't deal with the crowds or the hassle of blocked views, cell phones videoing in front of me and so much more stupidness). I like Mount Clemens- I frequent a few resturants and Weirdsville Records/Cinema (another story perhaps soon!)

THE THEATER

Mount Clemens always seems to have plenty of parking (at least when I go later in the day). We got a spot almost in front of the theater. That kinda didn't bode well. Was no one going? I met 3 ladies getting ready so that was cool and dressed as Zombies but a few others I passed weren't talkative and barely dressed as my favorite undead.

The Marquee during the Zombie Prom

The ticket booth folks were nice as the obvious contract Security Company that checked pursues and bags that this place maybe got rougher with the harder music crowds. They were great throughout the night. When going in I tried to talk to a group of 4 and asked what kind of Zombie one of the guys was and he yelled in my face, "shutup!" The night was not going well. I felt it would get worse as alot of people (and it wasn't busy til ROCKSTAR, the 80s Band came on) were not even dressed as Zombies. They were other characters or Cosplays. No one was mingling or anything. Staying in their own cliches.

People were not mingling- not alot of fun til ROCKSTAR came on

The theater was BEAUTIFUL. No seating below for obvious concerts but box seating to the side and seating on the second level. However it was standing room in the lower area- no Prom seating. Basically a concert.

DJ Red's costume was great!
THE SHOW

DJ RED was in a great Halloween outfit and walking around taking pictures with the guests. His DJing is pretty good but not unique as he played 80s tunes with no mixing or anything. It was okay. ROCKSTAR was amazing! They dressed as undead hairband members (they are a talented 80's genre rock band anyway!) They put on a good show with Zombies walking out to attack the coffins they arise from soon after to start the Concert. They were on-mark musically, interacted with the crowd and i loved it! 


                                      VIDEO! DJ RED

DJ RED Spinning

ROCKSTAR WAS AWESOME!

               VIDEO!  ROCKSTAR'S OPENING WAS RAD!

           VIDEO! Covering "Photograph" by Def Leppard!

THE STAFF

They were all really nice except that one snobby bartender that seems to occupy all venues. Overall really great! The Owner even came up to us and gave us a refund on the box seats as we were the only ones who paid and he began (I think) letting none payers into the VIP seating area at about the time ROCKSTAR came on.

The Owner of the Emerald Theater was very cool

IN SUMMARY

I would probably not come next year as it was a let down on the following fronts:
(1) The people who go here are kinda cliquish and snobby 
(2) The Prom was not a Prom at all- It was a concert

                 THANKS FOR READING MY BLOG!
                        check out my SOCIAL MEDIA:

                             samgurwin.com (WEBSITE)
                             sam gurwin  (YOUTUBE)

No comments:

Post a Comment