Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pizza Quest Episode 1

I love living in Michigan, not sorry I moved here from New York.  When people ask me about the move I always tell them, Michigan is cheaper, less crowded, the people are nice, but the pizza stinks.  So, I have decided to set out on a pizza quest to find New York style pizza somewhere in Michigan

First stop was Shields Pizza.  For those of you who have been following The Gadfly Investigations Newspaper you may remember my post 'Wow, Wow Water'  http://gadflyinvestigates.blogspot.com/2013/07/wow-wow-water.html  The brand Wow Water was created by Shields Pizza co-owner Peter Andoni, so we ordered 2 Wow Waters.  I had the Tropical Citrus and Sam had the Strawberry Kiwi.  I can tell you that we both liked the Wow Water and would definitely buy it again - refreshing, and it tastes good.  We ordered a small pizza with pepperoni and I can honestly say I liked it.  However; it is NOT NY style pizza, it is deep dish and I still prefer NY style pizza.  I really LOVE the thin crust with the gooey, greasy cheese of the NY style pizza that you can only eat by folding it in half.  My favorite NY pizza place is Lombardis in NYC.  What can I say - the quest continues.

Here is a video about Lombardis - enjoy.  WTH?  Who are these people eating pizza with a fork and knife?

No comments:

Post a Comment