Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cruising the Woodward Dream Cruise

The Epicenter of the Woodward Dream Cruise

OK, so I've been 'missing' for a few days;  I had company here from New York for the the Woodward Dream Cruise.  My company arrived on Thursday and that evening we headed out to Woodward to see what was happening.  To our surprise people were out and cruising, in fact traffic was already creeping along.  


Dodge Lil Red Truck
 The next day we decided to walk some of Woodward Ave.to see some of the cars up close.  As my friend is a self proclaimed 'Chrysler man' we headed to the Northwood Shopping Center lot.  I like the trucks the best, while he likes the 'muscle' cars best.
1970 Dodge Charger

Friday night we - CRUISED.  We cruised a little too long and got caught in the police sweep to close Woodward down at 10 PM.  We ended up west of Woodward when we needed to be east, but it all worked out.  Saturday we cruised a bit in the morning, afternoon and evening (this time we stopped just in time to beat the sweep).  We did the whole route from Ferndale to Pontiac and I even took him down into Detroit as he had never been in the city before.  All in all a fun time and my friend is now hooked on the Woodward Dream Cruise and Detroit coney dogs.
The Raminator crushing a Toyota
    

No comments:

Post a Comment