Monday, June 17, 2013

Retire To Detroit

Photo courtesy of Motor City Blight Busters https://www.facebook.com/MotorCityBlightBusters
Is this what you think of when you think of Detroit?
If you have read the last 2 posts on this blog you have seen that there is more to Detroit than 'Blight'.
If you continue to follow The Gadfly Investigations Newspaper you will see that there is SO much more to Detroit and Michigan than just a punchline to some joke.
I was motivated to write this post because the other night I was flipping through radio channels and caught the middle of a conversation where they were talking about retirement places and they were making fun of Detroit.  First because of the climate, but then they were saying; "but you can get a house for $39" and they all started laughing.  (No, this is not the $39 house.)  As someone who relocated to Michigan (and yes, I got my share of ribbing for it), I do not appreciate this crap.  Yes, Detroit is on the verge of bankruptcy, but so was NYC in the 1970s.  The people of Detroit and Michigan are resilient and 'Midwest Strong'.  I am impressed with the efforts people are making to help the city and state rise to its former glory.
Keep following The Gadfly Investigations Newspaper and you will see that this IS a great place and you just may want to come here on vacation sometime and see for yourself.  
Why did I relocate to Michigan?  Less expensive, less crowded and the people are nice.  I don't see devastation here, I see opportunity and regeneration.
Checkout Motor City Blight Busters on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/MotorCityBlightBusters 

No comments:

Post a Comment